Thursday, December 11, 2008

Diarrhea and Ubuntu

I awoke to "Mike you have to get up and clean up this mess!" 2:30 AM is not my favorite time to clean multiple sites of dog poop.

So now I cannot sleep and am playing on my new PC. That's right, a PC. I still have my mac (how could I not) but my primary machine is a Shuttle "Glamor" model that I bought as a bare bones kit, added a core 2 quad, 4 gb of ram, a couple of 250 gb disks, a DVD burner and a BenQ 24" widescreen monitor. A nice little machine.

I am running Ubuntu 8.10 on it, had a dickens of a time getting PPTP to work, but in the end it turned out to be quite simple (just had to dredge through muck to get there). I am still getting configured to run all the stuff I need for work, but that should be completed soon (by the end of this week I hope, anyway).

Back to surfing until I grow weary again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know what you need?

Another dog.