Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Boots molted!

Wow. It seems like forever since her last molt.

FINALLY (yesterday WHILE I WAS WORKING, just 4 feet from her) she molted. And I missed it. Arg! Anyway, she is so drop dead gorgeous!

I am letting her harden up a bit then I think I will take her out and get some nice photographs of her. She is such a pretty spider.

OH! Boots is my Brachypelma emilia. A Mexican Red Leg tarantula. Her abdomen has been the size of a golf ball for half a year. Took a long time, probably has to do with the seasons? I don't know. She is a Northern Hemisphere spider, and it has been Winter...

Anyway, I will post the pics when I take them in my tarantula gallery (on my .mac account).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Drop-dead gorgeous????"

If you call your spiders gorgeous, I bet your wife doesn't buy compliments from you in the least. ;)