Friday, April 15, 2011

Fires nicely, sight is off.

Got to go out and fire my new SD40 today. I think we (went with a friend) put about 50 rounds through it, maybe more, without a hitch. I noticed that the site is shifted to the left accounting for a good deal of my shots being off to the right. Trigger pull was firm but not gritty as I have heard, and not as heavy as I have also heard.

Received and installed my new Corsair water block for my CPU... what a dream! Quiet, and cools much better than the stock cooler did (and the AMD stock cooler is no slouch). I will never build another computer without one of these.

I try to avoid the news... but I clicked on My Yahoo today and the lead article was about how the President wants to raise the debt limit. Holy cow. I can feel the stress seeping throughout my body. I immediately fired off messages to our Senators begging them to do something about it. :)

Windows 8 is coming along at a steady pace, based on all the leaked screenshots. The beta is expected out next Autumn. Lion should be out soon as well and I will be buying the family pack again. I still hold hope that Apple will put out a headless mid-range computer again, some day.

No comments: