Monday, May 23, 2011

Growth

Our beloved minister and his wife are leaving our congregation. They are moving "home" to Tennessee. While I could wallow in self-pity and a deep sense of loss I know this will bring blessings all around:

The people getting Tom and Anne are being blessed.
We are being blessed because this brings us closer together as a church family.
Tom stayed long enough to get us a church building.
We will give another minister the opportunity to bring us God's word.
We will learn to love a new family and hopefully we will be a blessing to one another.

While I generally don't like change, when the change involves my growth (spiritual and emotional) I have to accept that it is a good thing.

It reminds me of the life and death of Jesus himself... both the most terrible and glorious thing to ever happen was a single event: The sacrifice of our Lord for our sins. How could such joy and sorrow ever meet?

No comments: