Saturday, June 29, 2013

Short update, new build...

I received all of the parts over the course of this week and completed the build yesterday.  Still all new so I don't have much to report except that I went a little overboard with air circulation...  I have too many fans and even with them turned down as low as possible, it is still louder than my previous machine.

Not a horrible noise, just louder.

Because of all the bad reports of the FX (Piledriver) series of chips and how poorly they compare with Intel, I immediately fired up Skyrim to test.  Couldn't tell the difference from my previous build... settings on Ultra+.  I do have to note that I also have a better graphics card, too, but even so, the game performed exceptionally well.  So, I am pretty confident that I made the right decision going with AM3+ and the FX-8350.

More later as I get back to work...

No comments: