Wednesday, January 29, 2014

RAM Arrived

I believe I mentioned that I had trouble with the G.Skill 2133 RAM I had ordered to go with my Kaveri build, and ended up putting my old G.Skill RAM in temporarily.  Well, I decided to spend a little extra for the "name", and bought 16 GB of Kingston 1866 Predator RAM.

Shut down, replaced the RAM modules, booted and she came up and recognized the most optimized settings for the sticks and away we go!  System has been stable for several days now, even running a bit overclocked.  I did not like the price tag on the Kingston RAM, and despite the fact that I know the actual memory is sourced and other brands use it as well, you still seem to get what you pay for at times.  The sticks are solidly built with a dissipator that feels like a block of steel.  The are a little tall, but no problem with my liquid CPU cooler.

So, as I said, system has been stable (no crashes whatsoever) for the past couple of days now and I will report about performance and such off and on...

No comments: