Sunday, February 26, 2017

A Week With My Civic

It has been a week since I bought my Honda Civic Hatchback Sport!  I've almost hit the 500 mile mark and it gets better every day!!

Something that impressed me with this car was the fact that is larger than the previous model yet manages to weigh less, while still retaining its 5 star crash rating.

Another interesting tidbit is that at least one (if not more) automobile magazines speculate that Honda has understated the HP/Torque figures for this engine.  Not sure what testing they have done to prove/disprove this yet, but I can say it feels like more than 180 HP to me.

What I do know is this is faster than my 2004 SAAB 9-3 and handles better.  And while it does not have the leather interior, many of the materials are as good or superior to the SAAB.  (Note, this was the GM-built SAAB 9-3).

My first tank fill shows that I am only averaging just over 32 MPG...  but I think that is great considering how I have been driving this car (it is just too hard to NOT hit that gas pedal when hitting an on-ramp or leaving an intersection behind or passing people on the highway).

No comments: