Thursday, April 4, 2019

Work and 4 years later...

If you read my blog back in June and July of 2014 you will what I was going through in regards to work.

I had lost a job of 14+ years and then, a miracle, found a job immediately.  I stayed there for about a year but the commute was murder.  I am convinced it would have been the death of me eventually in the form of some blazing wreck.

I then took a Job with the company I am currently with and have been for 4 years.  Unfortunately for me my tech knowledge has waned since the job is more administrative and more about leadership than putting your head down and pounding away at the keyboard.

I miss coding.

I have to say though despite hard times at my current position that it has not been BAD for me.  It has been... different, and not necessarily what I wanted.  Still, the people I work with are great and I do still get to hack away at some python programming from time to time.

I encourage anyone who is seeking a career change to pray about it.  I did before I lost my job in 2014 and God forced my hand as an answer to an ongoing prayer.  Now, it isn't exactly what *I* might have wanted but... it has been good for me.

No comments: