Monday, October 13, 2008

Old age strikes again...

I walked around like an old man with bad knees all afternoon; they still ache.

I decided that it was a nice day and I should do something outside.  I noticed our car and our truck were both pretty grimy so I decided to wash and wax them both.  It was not a quick process.

I listened to the entire Cardinals/Cowboys game and the post game show before I had finished both the Avalon and the F-150.  Now every major joint in my body is calling, no SCREAMING out "what the heck where you thinking?!"

Church was good and bad today.  I messed up twice running the sound today.  First screwup was deciding to "go with the current battery" in our remote mic.   Unfortunately I asked the praise team to practice quite a bit before Church began so I could make some sound adjustments... by the time Church actually started the mic was down to its last bar for power.  I snuck up during communion to swap out the battery.

THEN...  then I noticed that sound seemed to be coming from only one side of the gymnasium... looked at the other speaker and DOH!  Forgot to PLUG IT IN!  Yeah.  I was sure to adjust the volume and turn it on, but that doesn't do much if you don't plug the thing in.  So I had to run up, hunt through a supply box for a cord, then plug it in.

I was thoroughly embarrassed and humbled today.

Ah well!  :)

No comments: