Saturday, November 1, 2008

Vacation, Politics and my shoulder...

We recently returned from New York.

We visited Sandi's relatives in Suffern.  It was a nice visit.  We tried to plan a day in NYC, but we ended up picking the only day it rained, AND we had less time than we had expected.  So we visited the Museum of Natural History and hit a few exhibits that we thought the kids would enjoy.

Sandi and I voted early.  Arizona allows early voting so we took advantage of short lines and got it done a week ahead of Election Tuesday.  I went prepared for all the propositions, but neglected to read up on our judges and about 4/5's of the ballot consisted of keeping/not keeping existing judges.  I went status quo and said keep them all.  Some people just did not answer those questions.

A year ago this past June, I injured my left shoulder, popping it in/out of socket in the famous "squirrel maneuver of 2007."  It hurt a lot, but I did not go to the doctor because I thought "what could they really do about it?"  I still feel this way, but last Sunday on our flight home my daughter fell asleep and fell over on the man next to her.  I reached out with my left arm and hauled her up and onto me, but in doing so I "popped" my shoulder again.  Wow did that hurt and still hurts.  I finally went to the doctor, got an x-ray as a prelude to an MRI.  Should hear back from him on Monday.  He gave me pain relievers and muscle relaxers.  Helping, but my arm still cannot perform better than about 40%.  Even so, what can they do about it?  Nothing really... just let it be and hope it recovers again to about 70%, until the next time I pop it.  Oh well.

Friday was Halloween and also a field trip for my kids' (school).  I was a chaperone.  It was a zoo!  We visited a farm in Glendale and it was kind of wide open and the kids were drawn here and there.  It was difficult to keep track of them all.  It was fun tho'.

See our gallery (link up top) if you so wish.

No comments: