Sunday, October 25, 2009

Geode Caching and Windows 7

We geo-cached today. We broke a personal record and found a series of 30 caches over 4 hours. It was a blast! Isaac came up with his own joke: What do you get when you cross a rock with geo-caching? Geode-caching (hence the title). Pretty funny!

We also went to the carnival that was in town. Sandi, Isaac and Anabelle drove, I decided to walk Cookie (one of our dogs) to the carnival. We got there and at first she was just a little anxious. Over time she grew more and more anxious until a booth where you threw darts at balloons just pushed her over the edge and the poor thing was terrified. I took her away from the carnival and waited for Sandi and the kids to finish up.

Other than that the only thing left to announce is that I am legal now with Windows 7. My official copy of Win 7 Ultimate arrived today and I've installed it. It was a bit of a pain since there was no upgrade path from beta to final, but that's alright, sort of starting with a clean system and I saved off a lot of my data ahead of time - using the transfer took and some manual backups. I kind of miss the little beta message at the bottom, right-hand corner of the screen.

No comments: