Thursday, October 8, 2009

The world is passing me by...

I feel old. I've been away for a little over a week and it seems as though my kids have grown up and the world has moved on without me.

Not true, of course. But I swear Anabelle literally grew older by a year just on her birthday. Isaac has always enjoyed gobbling information, but now he is taking it a step farther by taking French and Japanese (culture and language) after school. Voluntarily. He also still loves the Boy Scouts.

My wife has become an information junkie of sorts herself. She totes her iPhone around and seems to be "plugged into" the universe around her now. Strange.

Work has been fine for me. More or less completed the tasks allocated to me for a project at work and am now waiting for more to do.

Per my last blog: I am back to Windows 7 full time. It just makes more sense for work, but I miss the more posix-like environment provided by Mac OS X. I guess I am always searching for that OS that will replace BeOS.

It was nice to visit my mother in Malden, and to see my co-workers once again, but it is also nice to be home with my family.

No comments: