Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Shin Gojira

Got to see the special preview on 11-OCT!  It was great!  I went into it with no expectations and I was pleasantly surprised, despite it not being exactly what I had expected.

I won't reveal anything... I will simply summarize with:

The monster was FANTASTIC!  LOVED it.  As with many Godzilla movies, there was a secondary, or perhaps a primary, plot aside from the monster.  It was serious and yet made the movie much lighter in spirit than I had expected.  It will be interesting to see how the English dubbed version compares to this subtitled version, when it arrives later this year.

And really that is about all I want to say.  Don't go into it expecting Godzilla itself to be the focal point, though it is the plot driver.  Just go to soak in a new, Japanese release of Godzilla.  :)

Enjoy!

No comments: