Saturday, June 9, 2018

Rover and life on Mars

OK.  The pop media is at it again.

"Scientists find evidence for life on Mars!!"

No.  No they did not.  They found EVIDENCE for some of the COMPOUNDS that are used by living things.  BIG difference.  And, theoretically, wherever you find the right ingredients you could find those compounds.

I am not a proponent that there is life anywhere else out there, despite the vastness of space.  I am not saying it is not possible, but I do not think it is probable.  If someone can show me that life exists out there, then I will say "Wow!  That's awesome!"  But if you understand how unlikely it is for US to even be here (really, we shouldn't be) you would understand that this is pretty much a fantasy.

Someone might argue with me saying "well you believe in God and you can't see Him!"  We have much better evidence of a creator than we do of life in the universe.  I am not going into that here though.  Check out some of the work done by the scientists at "Reasons to Believe".

http://www.reasons.org/home

No comments: