Sunday, October 3, 2021

Bayard, Riga and Drake

 I picked up another premium, the French cruiser Bayard.  I really like her, she reminds me a lot of the Mainz, at least I play her like that.  She has 152, fire setting with decent penetration and pretty rapid reload.  So she is good at hanging back and spamming fire.  But if you get a decent broadside, her AP does significant damage!

I leveled my Russian cruiser line up, picking up the Riga (tier IX Russian heavy cruiser).  Riga is pretty beastly, especially with her AP.  Her armor is good for bow tanking or even kiting away.  You can get smashed by a BB if you are broadsided though.

Finally, I also leveled up my British cruiser line.  I went from the Albemarle to the Drake.  The Drake is definitely a better ship and I am looking forward to the tier X Goliath...  Drake's HE is so good that you don't even need to switch to AP for cruisers and destroyers.  It is devastating.  And the HE is good to set those pesky battleships and carriers on fire as well.

I will continue to play the Drake to get the B hull, then switch back to my premium tier VIIIs to garner XP to level up my next line.  I think I will level up the Italian line, Amalfi to Brindisi.  It isn't much of an upgrade... really just adds a 4th turret.  Everything else is pretty much the same.  After that I am not sure.  I need to level up another line so that I can win a gift from wargaming for getting 4 (or maybe it was 5) tier X ships from the main tech tree.


OH!  As an after thought, I also picked up the Cossack, a British premium destroyer.  It is a pretty nice little ship, again, helpful for farming XP.


That's all for now...

No comments: