Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Borodino

 So my Russian BB (Battleship), Borodino, has been instrumental in me farming XP to upgrade my Japanese DDs (Destroyers).  I think I have mentioned her in previous posts.  Love this ship.  Making her better by recently focusing in getting her reload time down.

Her normal main battery reload time is 31 seconds.  31 seconds is a loooooong time between shots, especially when you only have 6 rifles and very often only achieve one penetration out of 3 hits.  AND you are surrounded (which should never happen if you are a good player, I am obviously NOT a good player) by enemy ships that want to chew you up.

I decided to forego stealth and am focusing on her main batteries.  I have chosen a captain skill that decreases her reload time by 16% if a single enemy ship is within range of your secondaries.  I also picked a skill that for every 1% of damage you take, improves reload time by 0.2%.  Next thing I will take is the skill that will extend my secondary range by 20%!  That means at around 10K out any enemy ship will trigger my fast reload.  Now suppose I take some hits, my HP is brought down to 50%... that will decrease my reload time by ANOTHER 10%.  In theory I can get my reload times down to 25 seconds (actually more like 24).  That is faster than some cruisers at higher tiers.

Anyway, I will be using my Boro to grind for the Shimi I am after over the next 2 weeks.  Maybe I will get closer to leveling up my captain and get closer to being able to pick up the next skill I want.

No comments: