Friday, September 3, 2021

The Tiger

 This ship is... I don't know.  I knew I wanted her the moment I laid eyes on her.  I often make silly, spur of the moment decisions like that.  But I have to say, for all the naysayers, this ship, very much like the Ochokov, is a hoot to play.

It is British light cruiser... so "squishy" as they say.  But if you play her cautiously, use islands, and make sure you are never the primary target, this is another fun ship to play.  It reloads every 3.2 seconds and has special, British AP rounds.  The bad news is you ONLY have AP rounds and you ONLY have 2 turrets of 2 rifles!!  You have NO torpedos.

This ship really requires some patience as while the AP shells have a short fuse and pretty consistently deal damage, the damage is somewhat low, and you really just have to pepper ships with shells.  That is why it has that 3.2 reload.

That probably sounds stressful to many people, now that I read what I wrote, but it really can be fun, since it is a challenge.  Team mates might not feel that way.  LOL!  She is pretty quick, very accurate but with interesting ballistics, her turrets rotate SO fast that they ALWAYS stay on target; they also rotate 365 degrees.

Like I said, I knew I wanted her the moment I laid eyes on her.  She is short and stubby, little armor, few offensive weapons... but still fun to play.  I would probably NOT use her in an operation where as much damage as you can deal in as short amount of time you can is what is important.  But pretty much anywhere else I can see that she would have benefits.  She has radar, can annoy ships with constant stream of shells... etc.

This is a ship I would not recommend unless you are up for a bit of a challenge and not concerned with high scores.

No comments: