Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Yumugo

 I might have mentioned previously that in order to complete a (long and arduous) campaign, I found out (when I unlocked the final step) that I needed a tier X destroyer!  Not just any, had to be British, American or Japanese.  Well, I am not much of a destroyer player, but I liked the early tier IJN destroyers so I happened to have one lying around.

Since that time, I have been grinding like a madman to get XP and silver coins to upgrade through the IJN (Imperial Japanese Navy) destroyer tree.  I have used my tier VIII cruisers and BBs to accomplish most of this, and some using the destroyers themselves.

ANYWAY...  I made it to tier IX!!!  Very exciting.  Took me a week though.  I imagine since at every tier the requirements virtually double, that this will take another 2 weeks before I can upgrade to the Shimikaze.  This ship, the Yumugo, with stealth upgrade and stealth captain ability, is pretty darn sneaky.  It's torpedoes are 10K range, my concealment us something like 5.4K range.  So I am able to settle in, set up where I know ships will come, and just lay out a wall of torps.

It's firepower is decent too.  I have killed several other destroyers with main batteries alone, and even killed cruisers with a combination of torpedoes and main batteries.  Decent ship.

The Shimikaze (on paper anyway) looks to be a MONSTER.  It has a torpedo rating of 60 out of a hundred!!  That is exceptional... since basically 95% of the torpedo boats out there have between 15 and 25 as a torpedo rating.  These torpedoes must be photon torpedoes or something.  :)

Anyway, its main batteries are actually cruiser-level guns...  I mean everything about this "destroyer" really screams light cruiser++.  So I will grind and grind over the next 2 weeks and hope to obtain this Shimi.  I usually sell my previous level ships... I don't know though.  The Yumu is the last "traditional" destroyer as the tier X Shimi is something entirely different.

No comments: