Thursday, October 27, 2022

Linux Mint

 So I've documented bits and pieces of my linux journey over time.  I started using linux in the early 2000's but I still consider myself a n00b and a very casual user.

That being said, I kept running into various issues with MX, Pop, and a couple other distros... I ended up switching to something more simple, Mint.

To be fair, it does NOT solve all the issues, but it does simplify how much I can muck with my system and break it.  :D

But I really like the simplicity of Cinnamon, yet it also has the ability to extend it, and the dark theme is gorgeous.  It is also easy to get Steam up and running and even add proton-GE as well as wine and lutris for gaming.  I also (because I am a dolt and cannot leave well enough alone) found it easy to install and use xanmod kernels.  AS LONG AS YOU ARE NOT USING ZFS as your root file system.  That hoses it up something fierce.

Anyway that's it.  My puppy is growing like a weed.  She's a little beast.

No comments: