Wednesday, June 21, 2023

A few days with Debian 12...

 I'd like to say it is earth shatteringly wonderful, but it really is just another gnome spin of linux... the satisfaction lies in knowing that the heart is Debian.

I've tweaked the UI a tad, to suit it to my liking.  Otherwise I am still running the gnome desktop.  While steam works very well, I've been struggling with Wine and PlayOnLinux quite a bit.  Can't seem to get it right.

Everything else has been rock solid.

OH!  I did run into the irritating Logitech MX mouse issue.  Freezes up, dies.  Have to reboot to get your mouse back.  I executed the steps that I have always done for Linux Mint or for Ubuntu-based distros to more or less improve upon the mouse-freeze issue, so far it seems to be working.  Not sure whose fault it is:  Linux (drivers/kernel) or Logitech.  Some people think it has something to do with the innate power saving logic of the mouse, others think it is some short-fall of the bluetooth drivers in linux.

But, it has been good so far!  Working as well as Mint for sure.

No comments: