Thursday, January 3, 2019

GNOME 3 on Fedora

One thing I found interesting on Fedora is that the window buttons (minimize/maximize) are missing, like on Pop!_OS.  On Manjaro and Ubuntu they are present.

Nothing important, I just noticed it today when I was trying to minimize Thunderbird... GNOME Tweaks allows me to enable a minimize button so I did.  I just find that convenient.

HAD A FREEZE!  BOOOOOOOO!  It was completely random and all that was running was a Chrome window, not even a video.  Although there might have been an Ad video running, so there is that.

Since then I have applied TWO Fedora kernel updates so... we shall see if it happens again.  But it is so random... it might not happen now for days.

This seems to be an issue with every version of linux I have tried.  Some are worse than others.  I've run memory tests and my memory is fine.  Disks are all healthy.  Power supply is steady (it is a platinum-badged power supply so it should be decent).

Still not sure then if it really is a kernel thing (scheduler issue of some sort) or something with my NVIDIA 1080 card... drivers... no idea.  Annoying though.

Heck, maybe it has nothing to do with graphics or kernel at all, maybe it is my network driver.  Streamed videos also hit up the network... so...

No comments: