Friday, July 19, 2019

Contacts, DeepinOS and Pop!_OS

Made it to my follow up eye exam.  He (eye doctor) was not completely happy with the fit of the right lens, so he is going to adjust that, and happily is significantly strengthening the prescription in my final pair.  Looking forward to getting them next week.

I had an itch to try another linux.  I booted into KaOS, Neptune6 and Neon... and then when I had my fill of KDE, I decided to try DeepinOS again (it had been awhile).  Deepin has had many updates and tweaks so I was looking forward to it.  I installed Deepin only to find that the interface is STILL choppy and glitchy.  I keep hoping it will become smooth but... no luck.  It is still a gorgeous interface but the graphical glitches when panels slide out or the way things do not open or slide smoothly, even with my NVidia drivers installed for my 1080, discourages me.

So... I downloaded the latest ISO build of Pop again.  About to install it.  I hope I have learned my lesson and will never do this again.

No comments: