Saturday, September 23, 2023

openSUSE Tumbleweed part 7

 Yeah, so...

ANOTHER major update.  I mean, it is a rolling release so this is to be expected.  At least the most recent video driver update has been working with each new kernel but...  now my disk mounting was broken.

So I used to define the mount points using things like /dev/sda and /dev/sdb, etc.  I KNOW I KNOW, that is not considered the best way to do it but it has worked for me for years.

My device assignments are coming willy-nilly now so I had to wipe my fstab in safe mode, reboot, then redefine my mounts using UID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Seems to be working now after reboot.

Frustrating that these "little things" keep happening but I suppose after I get through a few more updates like this I will be in good shape.  Maybe.  Who knows.

No comments: