Saturday, May 31, 2008

COX

I have a love-hate relationship with COX Communications.

For the past two days connectivity has been intermittent. Sometimes you can get to your favorite site, other times you cannot. I called COX and they had one of those prerecorded messages stating that they know the region is having these connection issues and they are trying to figure out what is causing it.

Of course I NEED the connectivity NOW. These sorts of things only happen when I actually need to get something done. This is the reason I shifted from COX to QWEST two years ago. But eventually I drift back to COX.

The thing about COX is that they have THE fastest upload/download speeds bar none. When it is working I can get downloads up to, hold your breath here, over 2 MB/s! That's right. Last speed test I saw 24018 kb/s download and 1089 kb/s upload. That's pretty quick.

So, there it is. When it works, it is great, when it breaks, it is broken for days at a time.

No comments: