Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A mouse, a port and underpants...

Sheepishly I admit that I was imbibing whilst working on my computer. The inevitable happened, I spilt my beverage all over the desktop. The keyboard was spared but the flow drenched my mouse in a sugary, tasteful carbonated beverage. At first all seemed alright. I shook the mouse out, it worked fine. The next day the wheel stopped clicking; it turned smoothly but as if it was immersed in tar. Thus began the end of my faithful and most cherished Si670m.

I was saddened of course, because this is, was, the best mouse I had ever used. I reverted back to the mighty mouse I had bought with my mini, but it just wasn't the same. After a day or two of soul searching, I pulled the trigger, browsed to Amazon.com and purchased another Kensington Bluetooth Wireless mouse: the Si670m. I am now happy again with my shiny new mouse by my side working as flawlessly as ever. This mouse is a great buy if you are looking for a bluetooth mouse that isn't the size of a walnut like some of the "portable" mice out there. This one is hand-sized and made of very nice materials. The optical port has excellent tracking and movement is quick and precise. The wheel is also left/right clickable to scroll horizontally. The wheel spin clicks lightly, almost luxuriously. It's just a great mouse.

While I was at it, I picked up a 7 port USB hub. Now I have several free USB ports for plugging in cameras and other temporary peripherals as needed. The USB hub is a "Cables To Go" brand, powered USB 2.0 unit. So far it works well and its bright blue light matches the lights on my USB MyBooks (tho the Firewire MyBook has a white light). So far it is performing well and the ports themselves are snug, which I like.

You are wondering about the underpants? First, have you ever worn bamboo clothing? It sounds awful, I know, but bamboo fiber is the silkiest, softest material you can wear. The only bad part about it is that it is somewhat expensive because most of it is imported and the demand has not yet gone crazy enough to generate large quantities of items to be shipped to the states. Anyway, Google "ShirtsOfBamboo" and check out some of their clothing, pick yourself up a shirt or something. You won't regret it, I am serious. It is wonderful material and feels very nice to wear, it also wicks AND has natural anti-bacterial properties so you won't stink as much on a hot day. :) That's all for now. Bye!

No comments: