Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So I've gone and done the unthinkable.

I decided I should install Windows on my PC.

But not just any Windows, Windows 7, Beta 1. I had never used Vista, and had heard not very pleasant things about it. W7 is very much like Vista, from what I understand, just a little more refined. So far I am actually enjoying it. No crashes, no real problems. One driver issue post-install, but I resolved that quickly enough by downloading the latest driver for my network chip.

Not overly memory hungry. No more so than Ubuntu was at this point. That could change, of course. All the applications I have wanted to use install and work fine. I should add that I am running Windows 7, 64 bit... so there is a higher likelihood of running into problems.

Anyway, no complaints. It works. I should add that it also works much more seamlessly with my work servers/network, which are Microsoft driven. If I had to give it a "rating," I'd say at this point it is a solid 7 out of 10.

No comments: