Monday, January 5, 2009

Struts 2 and Java 5

Struts 2.0 and Java 5 make a good combination.

I've been working on a project using Struts 2.0 and I have to say it is a major improvement over Struts 1.x. The ability to get things working quickly makes it a pleasure (so far) to use. In my project, I am using FreeMarker templates. I prefer the syntax over standard JSP tag libraries/syntax.

Working remotely is great, but I do run into problems. At the end of last week I spent time trying to figure out what changes I had recently made broke my application. I got a frustrated and left it for today. I fired up my server and my changes worked. Turned out that all my problems stemmed from some sort of network issue where I stopped being able to effectively communicate with either our LDAP server or our Oracle server, despite still having a valid connection, able to perform other networked operations.

Anyway, back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Working stinks. Blog instead.

I've got a holiday, a paid holiday....