Saturday, August 25, 2018

MX Linux Part 2

I ran into a strange issue with MX Linux:  Some apps accepted XFCE natural scroll settings for the mouse, others did not.

I went to the MX Linux Forums and posted my problem and within an hour I had multiple responses to which I responded, providing data.

After a couple days going back and forth a suggestion was made to me that might fix my issue.  I tried the solution and it worked.

The MX Linux folk were among the most patient and seemingly genuinely concerned group of linux users I have encountered to date.  I was very happy and I just thought I should share that...  it's not that users/experts of other distros are terrible people, it is just that they tend to be impatient and not very forgiving if they think you should know something that you do not.

The people I encountered in the MX Linux Forum gave me precise tasks to perform, were very clear, and never seemed impatient or irritated with me.

Meanwhile, in case anyone is wondering, I disabled natural scrolling through XFCE and enabled it through libinput in x-windows config.  Now all my apps are natural scrolling.  :)  Happy me!

There was a fear that using this solution could cause other issues, but I have not seen any problems to date.

No comments: