Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Well that was a fun excursion... back to our regularly scheduled show.

I enjoyed playing with Mandriva beta 6 for ... a whole day.  The 4.19 kernel and other subsystem components were simply not quite ready and weird issues popped up left and right.

EVEN SO, I will say this, it was VERY pretty to look at (I've never seen XFCE look so nice) and fast... it was very snappy.

So I shifted back to my now current love/stand-by in the linux world, MX Linux.

It is a rock-solid distribution and pretty darn configurable.  I mixed and matched the standard theme with some different icons and window manager widgets and have something that is quite nice to look at, still XFCE quick, and stable as can be.

I also wanted to re-iterate how helpful the MX Linux community was when I needed help with my natural scrolling issue.




1 comment:

Mitch said...

LOL! CORRECTION!! I don't know WHY I do this but I always confuse MANJARO with Mandriva... name-wise. I had been running MANJARO BETA 6...