Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Pop!_os Kernel update

Told you about my upgrade of the kernel recently, well that kernel had a number of issues regarding video / system freezes.  A new kernel came out not long after and had a number of changes but none of them screamed "fix for video freezes" to me...

Even so, I have not had (knocks on wood) a freeze since then.  No idea why.  Makes little sense to me.  But for reference:

Linux 4.19.6-041906-generic #201812010432 SMP Sat Dec 1 09:34:07 UTC 2018

I *did* have one strange thing happen, while doing several things which included backing up files, downloading files and installing software my system started slowing down drastically.

Network showed fine, I could view directories in my file viewer fine...  so I rebooted and when it came up I had systemd logging errors flashing across... so I rebooted AGAIN and since then everything has been fine.  No files lost, as far as I can tell.  It was just strange.

ANYWHO... for the most part the system has been running very well.

1 comment:

Mitch said...

2 days later... I've been gaming and watching plenty of videos, still no hang/crash.

The only thing to have gone wrong was me spilling my coffee all over my very expensive keyboard which is now toast. Back on my old cheaper one that still works. :)