Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Zen kernel on Fedora 31 part 2

Since building my zen/muqss kernel and running on my Fedora 31 build I have noticed a couple of interesting things.

1. Memory usage seems to be lower in general, however it no longer caches as much in RAM.

2. CPU usage seems a little higher in general and most noticeable is the NVidia queue thread.  I had read that some people were seeing that, especially with composition pipeline enabled (I have comp-pipe enabled but not full force comp-pipe).  I do not remember seeing this at all prior to building the zen kernel.  So I find it interesting.  Supposedly if I uncheck the comp pipeline switches it will come down.  Not worried about it though.  Kworker threads seem a little more active as well.

It does seem a little snappier.  But since I did not run any kind of tests before hand that is heresay.

Anyway, I will write more if I have time....

No comments: