Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Zen Kernel on Fedora 31


OK, I know this is geeky and ridiculous but... I DID IT!  :D   :D   :D

I downloaded the zen kernel sources, snagged the fedora config, and based on some instructions from 2011 was able to build my own ZEN KERNEL!

Sorry, I am just pumped by this.  I honestly didn't expect it to build, then I didn't expect it to work and, at first, it did not because it did not automatically generate an initrd image.  Read how to do that, built my own and BOOM.  Here it is.  I am pretty sure I overbuilt it and it is large, takes longer to load.  But it DOES and it is even working with my Nvidia driver.

Seriously...  this is the best thing I have done in weeks.  Gives me a little bit of  geek pride when I thought all my geekiness had fled me.

Anyway, thanks for reading! 

No comments: