Thursday, February 7, 2008

Why I still use GyazMail...

I try, I really try to use Mail.app.  

On paper mail should be a great application, lots of features, you can install plugins, etc.  But it always fails me somehow.  I purchased GyazMail years ago (pre 1.0 version) because Apple mail was useless.  Everytime a new version of Mac OS X comes out I try and switch back to mail only to switch back to GyazMail within months.

Why?  Well, the primary reasons are stability and reliability.  GyazMail NEVER crashes and I can read and manipulate every message that arrives.  Right now Apple mail doesn't display some messages and to see what you have you have to view the raw data, it is slower than GyazMail and while it does not crash daily, it has crashed on me a few times.  How hard can it be to create a reliable mail application?

Anyway, once again I am using GyazMail.  I miss GPG but that is it.  MailTags would also be nice for GyazMail.  Ah well.  Maybe someday.  Supposedly Apple is releasing a much improved Mail.app with 10.5.2.  I might try it.  Then again, I might not.

No comments: